San Remo/Phillip Island Art Trail 2016
PHILLIP ISLAND TOURISM & BUSINESS ASSOCIATION (PITBA)
In association with
PHILLIP ISLAND RSL (PIRSL)
SAN REMO DISTRICT TOURISM & BUSINESS ASSOCIATION (SRDTB) and
ARTISTS’ SOCIETY OF PHILLIP ISLAND INC. (ASPI)
Experienced Bass Coast visual artists are invited to submit a maximum of 2 works for selection for display in local businesses during the Queens Birthday weekend and until the end of the following weekend: Saturday 11th June – Sunday 19th June 2016. Entries close on Friday 20th May.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Entrants must have a Bass Coast residential or work address.
- Entry does not guarantee selection which will take into consideration the quality and suitability of the artwork for display in San Remo & Cowes business outlets.
- Entry is free but a 10% commission on sales will go to the business outlet in which the work is displayed.
- Entries may be in any 2D or 3D medium (including photography, jewellery and textiles).
- Entries must be the original work of the artist
- Entries must not exceed 1.2m (H) x 1.2m (W) x 70 cms (D) or be excessively heavy or fragile.Art works must be able to withstand the heat and light generated by shop windows.
- All works must be dry, framed (if 2D) and labelled with artist’s name, title of the work, medium and
price. Artists are invited to supply small easels or plinths to assist with display installation.
- Entries to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org OR delivered to the PIRSL office 9am – 4pm,
Monday to Friday until May 20th. Submission prior to this date would be appreciated.
- Late, unsigned or incomplete entries will not be considered.
- Each entry must be accompanied by a good quality image of each work in jpg or Tiff. format, each
image no larger than 1MB. Label each image with your initials and the artwork title.
- The selected artists will be contacted via email or phone and given the contact details of the business proprietor selected by the organising committee.
- At the time of installation, artists will be required to provide a brief artist statement (maximum 100 words) and one A4 page artists’ CV for display with their artwork(s) and a copy of their completed entry form for the proprietor to sign.
- Artists will be required to negotiate installation of the artwork(s) to the satisfaction of the business proprietor. Installation materials are supplied at the artist’s expense. Installation to occur on Thursday 9th June or Friday 10th June.
- Artists are responsible for transport and insurance of the work before and during installation and during and after de-installation. The proprietor is responsible for insurance of the work for the period of display. PITBA, PIRSL, SRDTB and ASPI will not be held liable for any loss or damage to the artworks.
- If the artwork becomes subject to threat of loss or damage, is insecure, or poses a threat to the operation of the business premises, the work may be removed.
- Artworks must be removed at an agreed day and time after June 19 in consultation with the
business proprietor. Artists are asked to leave the display area in good order. Works not collected will be disposed of.
- Artists may be required to fulfill media responsibilities before, during and for a period after the exhibition.
- Artworks may be advertised for sale. All sales enquiries will be referred directly to the artist. If the artwork is sold, it may not be removed before the end of the exhibition.
Entries Close: Friday 20th May 2016
Installation: Thursday 9th June or Friday 10th June De-installation: after June 19th
Enquiries: Maxine Sando, PIRSL: 59521004
Lois Green, ASPI: email@example.com